PLAN YOUR TRIP
Information and booking
As listed in our Leave No Trace principals, the first part of taking a vacation involves the planning stages. JLB will assist you with your planning in whatever way we can. Call us at 307-734-9227 for information.
Things to look for and be aware of for the 2017 season:
- The South Jenny Lake area will be under construction as the Park and Grand Teton National Park Foundation complete the multi-year renovation project. This will impact you, the visitor, in a couple of ways:
- South Jenny Lake parking area will be reduced in size and there will be very limited parking for RVs and buses. Plan to arrive early in order to find a parking space.
- The Jenny Lake visitor center will be in temporary quarters.
- The restroom facilities are under construction and there will be portable restrooms located near the temporary Visitor Center.
- There will be trail closures throughout the season so be sure to check with the Visitor Center at Jenny Lake to be sure which trails are open.
- The new visitor overlooks on the East side of Jenny Lake will open this summer with areas for seating and enjoying the lake views.
- Grand Teton National Park is on a direct path for the 2017 August 21st total solar eclipse which will bring many more visitors to the park. We are requesting that all park visitors plan to “pack in and pack out” any trash or food leftovers when hiking on the trails and enjoying the park during this very busy time.
To be informed as to what is happening at the South Jenny Lake area this summer, click on the following link:
The National Park Service has prepared a very good website for information to plan your trip to Grand Teton National Park. Click on this link:
During the summer months roads may be under construction. Check the following link for the status of park roads. www.nps.gov/grte/planyourvisit/roads.htm
For Yellowstone roads and conditions: www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/parkroads.htm
Summer weather in the mountains can change quickly. Be prepared for weather conditions by being informed as to weather forecasts. Plan your clothing and activities accordingly. www.nps.gov/grte/planyourvisit/weather.htm
Or www.mountainweather.com for local conditions and forecasts.